Mijn lijst met blogs

woensdag 1 december 2010

COMPUTER PRAYER

Every night I lie in bed
This little prayer inside my head:
God bless my mom and dad,
And bless my children,
And take care of my husband;
He brings mwe so much joy.....
And God there's just one more,
I wish that you would do:
If you don't mind my asking,
Bless my computer too?
Now I know that it's not normal
To bless a small machine
But listen just a second
And I'll try to explain....
You see, that the little metal box
Holds more than odds and ends,
Inside those small components
Rest a hundred loving friends.
Some, it's true, I've never seen
And most I've never met.
We've never shaken hands or
Ever truly hugged, and yet....
I know for sure they love me
By the kindnesses they give
And this little scrap of metal
Is how I get to where they live.
By faith is how I know them,
Much the same as I know you.
I share in what life brings them
--So if it's okay with you,
Just taken an extra minute
From your duties up above
To bless this little hunk of steel
That's filled with so much love.

Van Internet. Quiltlist. 1998.

1 opmerking:

  1. Wilma, wat een mooi gedicht. Heb ik helemaal gelezen en van genoten, dank je wel.
    Groetjes van Joke

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen